Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice blog post

Name:
Background:
Why I want to be a teacher:
What does an educators work entail nowadays?
Picture:
Other:

My name is Aimee Perkins and I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama. I am 23 years old and am a native of the beautiful Mobile, Alabama. I have lived in Mobile my whole life. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. I am the youngest by a 9 year gap. Growing up with siblings 9, 11, and 12 years older than me was hard to do. I attended St. Pius X Catholic school for grade school and middle school and McGill-Toolen Catholic high school after that. I played 3 sports in high school and now just workout to keep myself in shape. I currently work at Springhill Medical Center as a care tech in the cardiovascular lab. Working in the medical field has made me really consider nursing, but I have always been drawn to kids so teaching is the perfect fit. I wanted to stay close to home so I applied to attend USA and have been here ever since. I'll admit I've changed my major 3 times landing back on education, which I do not regret.

I want to enter the field of education because I've been around kids my whole life. I actually live with a 3 and an 8 year old which are my niece and nephew. I babysit an autistic kid before I got into college so being around all kinds of kids has really made me develop a passion for teaching. I feel like being a teacher nowadays requires a lot of work. Kids are learning more and more and as future teachers it is our job to know what these kids are learning and be prepared for it. A fun fact about me is that I absolutely love cats.




No comments:

Post a Comment