Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blog Post #1

What about EDM310?

When I first heard about EDM310, it was from my math teacher over the summer. He taught the whole summer with a smart board and told us that we were going to have to take an education media class that was all about using the smart board. Hmmm sounds easy right? Quickly I learned that was not the case. I overheard a few students say that it wasn't bad it just required a great deal of time and then I heard others say how awful it was. I'm not going to lie, so far I don't particularly enjoy this class. I'm still confused and don't quite grasp the whole blogging thing. I fear that I'm going to fall behind or not understand something even after it's drilled into my head. I'm afraid that even something as simple as blogging is going to keep me from making a good grade in this class.

EDM310 is not like any other class I have ever taken. I guess the closest it's come to would be my photo shop class in high school and honestly I don't even remember that class because it was a joke. This class is much more serious and requires a great deal of time and work which will probably be the most difficult thing for me. In order to overcome my fears and difficulties, I am definitely going to have to take advantage of the lab times whenever I can and talk to my teacher and classmates for help. I'm going to have to read the instruction manual over and over for any additional help I may need. EDM310 seems like a class that will teach me a great deal, but I never thought on the second day of class I would be so lost and confused about something as simple as blogging. It looks like it's time for me to pull out my thinking cap and get to work.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I hate to hear you are still confused, but that is understandable. Just take each blog post and project one day at a time. There are lab assistants in the lab throughout the day, please come to us with any questions. We are glad to help, we were in your shoes at one time too. Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete