Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Project #4 C4T Summary

After reading Matthew Needleman's blog I was able to absorb ideas on how to get students to tell stories beyond the personal narrative. Younger student's tend to always want to write stories based on what they did over the summer or over the weekend and they never seem to venture outside of the personal narrative. Mr. Needleman gave examples on how to help this situation such as using a picture or start with a concrete object. If you give a student a concrete object such as a hat and ask them to tell you where the hat came from or who they thought could have lost it can give them more room to venture out of their comfort zone. Giving them idea such as this improves their knowledge to venture outside of the personal narrative.

Mr. Needleman's blog was a very useful blog to read. I commented and told him how his information was very interesting to take in and gave me great ideas to keep in mind as a future teacher. I told him I was posting on his blog for my EDM310 class and would love any advice he has for me. I left him a link to my class blog as a way of communication. 

The next blog post covered by Mr. Needleman was on the presentation tool Powerpoint. He said people who do not like Powerpoint do not need to try Prezi. Powerpoint is a tool to help support your prepared speech or lecture. People tend to to abuse the tool and use it as away to not engage at all with the audience. 

His second post was short and sweet and I could not agree with him more. Powerpoint is supposed to be a way to help support your ideas when giving a speech or presentation. You are using it so you won't get completely off topic and people who abuse it are using it wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment