Tuesday, November 4, 2014

C4T Summary #3

The teacher I was assigned to is Mr. Ken Halla, a history teacher in high school. His first post really interested me because it was a great way to engage students in the lesson you are about to teach at the beginning of class. It really caught my attention because we were just talking about better ways to engage students in the classroom. He said in his colleagues class, the teacher told the students to tweet him the biggest hurdle facing George Washington when he started his presidential term. This allowed students to be engaged before the lesson even begins and they are using Twitter which is a great PLN. I commented on his post and told him why this post interested me so much and that I would have to pass it along to my class.

Mr. Halla's second post was very short. He said many people do not think about the woman who have served in the wars and that they are overlooked. He then gave a website to show the occupations some woman had and said that this particular website would help you to properly teach about them. I commented and said that I am guilty of overlooking the women in the past and will have to check this website out.

Here is the site:

Women in the Civil War

No comments:

Post a Comment